Younis Khan to miss first Test against West Indies
"Younis has informed chief selector Inzamam-ul-Haq that he won't able to play the first Test," a PCB spokesperson told ESPNcricinfo. "The selectors are yet to announce the squad, but its is confirmed that Younis will not take part in the opening game in Dubai. He asked for rest to be fully fit before his national selection since he has recently recovered from dengue."
Last month, the 38-year-old Younis contracted a high fever that was later diagnosed as the mosquito-borne disease dengue, for which he was treated in a Karachi hospital. This forced him to miss the first round of the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, Pakistan's premier first-class tournament. Doctors have advised Younis to extend his rest for another 10 days. He is expected to be available for the second Test in Abu Dhabi.
Younis last missed a Test match in May 2011 - also against West Indies, coincidentally, in St Kitts - and has since featured in 41 successive matches, scoring 3839 runs in that period, at an average of 59.06. He is now Pakistan's leading run-getter in Tests with 9456 runs at 53.72, and in his last appearance scored 218 against England at The Oval.
Pakistan will begin their three-match Test series with a pink ball, day-night match at the Dubai International Stadium from October 13. The second Test begins on October 21 in Abu Dhabi, and the third in Sharjah on October 30.Online
- Pakistan rejects India’s false comments on AJK elections07:19 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Prices of new Honda City model unveiled07:00 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- PM Imran to attend Middle East Green Initiative summit in Saudi Arabia06:00 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani Ertugrul! Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid's horse ride ...05:53 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Sadaf Kanwal under fire for stating her 'marriage rules'04:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Sumbul Iqbal contracts coronavirus03:32 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Iffat Omar trolled for wearing revealing dress01:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021