Govt should allocate funds for prevention of climate change: CPNE
CPNE’s Vice President Sindh Mr Aamer Mahmood on Thursday said editors and journalists should exchange research content with CPNE, thus prevailing awareness among the masses.
At this moment, he also announced the establishment of CPNE Climate Change Desk and the award of the best story for the journalists of this beat. Dr Jabbar Khattak the Chairman Projects and Programs Committee said this in the Focus Group Discussion organised at CPNE Secretariat in collaboration with UNDP.
While clarifying the difference between Environmental and Climate Change, he said that for centuries humans have been polluting this planet and we identified this fact only a few decades ago, now it is the duty of the journalists to tackle this issue. He also demanded that government should allocate funds to counter this calamity and also spend it properly.
Prior to this, Coordinator, Mr Abdul Rahim Moosvi told the participants on the opinions of editor and journalists a guidebook would be developed for which will assist the journalists working on this topic.
Climate Change Consultant, Anis Danish and Rafiul Haq told that till date more than 2 lac people have died in Pakistan due to natural disasters, which happened due to climate change, we cannot mitigate these challenges until we allocate sufficient funds for climate change in our budget.
It should be noted that this is the third session of its kind, the previous sessions were in Lahore and Islamabad. The discussion was attended by editors of various news editors including Ghulam Nabi Chandio, Hamid Hussain Abidi, Tahir Najmi, Mubashir Mir, Abdul Khaliq Ali, Naseer Hashmi, Abdul Rehman Mangrio, Javed Mahar Shamsi, Minhaj Kazmi, Bashir Ahmad Memon, Muhammad Tahir, Sher Muhammad Khawar, Syed Kamran Rizvi, Mahmood Alam, Zahidah Abbasi, Tania Baloch, Sidra Khattak and a large number of Journalists and Columnists.-Online
- PM Imran to attend Middle East Green Initiative summit in Saudi Arabia06:00 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani Ertugrul! Interior Minister Shiekh Rashid's horse ride ...05:53 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali silences body-shamers in latest viral video04:02 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021