ECP notifies final results of 2018 elections today
Under the prevailing rules of Constitution and election act, the electoral body has to announce the final results within 14 days. The recent elections were held across the country on July 25.
The Section 98 (1) of the Election Act states, “On receipt of the final consolidated result from the returning officer, the commission shall, within 14 days from the date of the polls, publish in the official gazette the name of the contesting candidate who has received the highest number of votes and stands elected”.
However, the notification of the constituencies where vote recount is pending or the results are challenged in courts will be issued later.
Earlier, there were speculations that the final results will be announced on Aug 9, but the ECP, ending the rumours on Sunday, clarified that results will be declared on Aug 7.
After the announcements of the results, the independent candidates will be given three days for joining any political party or retaining their independent status.
Later on Aug 11, the electoral body will announce the successful candidates on reserved seats for minorities and women according to the share of each party in the National Assembly.
Following this, the president of Pakistan and provincial governors would call sessions of the national and provincial assemblies for administering oaths of office and elect speakers, deputy speakers, and prime minister and chief ministers.
- US Ambassador Donald Blome says devastation caused by Pakistan floods ...11:50 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022