Three killed, 16 injured in road mishaps as fog blankets Punjab
The fog has engulfed Lahore, Gujranwala, Sheikhupura, Faisalabad, Bahawalpur and other areas of the province, causing road mishaps.
Accidents occurred at Kasur, Depalpur and Kala Shah Kaku interchange left sixteen injured, including ten children.
According to the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD), cold and dry weather is expected in most parts of the country during the next 24 hours.
The spokesperson of motorway police said that the visibility level dropped significantly due to the fog. After the accidents, the motorway section from Pindi Bhattian to Gojra was shut down.
The official has urged the people to avoid unnecessary travel on highways and motorways. The commuters have also been directed to contact the helpline, 130, in case of an emergency.
- PM Imran, CM Buzdar discuss provincial development projects, ...02:18 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Asif Ghafoor among six others Major Generals promoted to Lieutenant ...01:24 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Naeem Bokhari proposes ‘blackout’ for opposition on PTV01:14 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Suicide rate among Indian soldiers in IIOJK doubles in 202012:48 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- CTD arrests five target killers of MQM London from Karachi12:28 PM | 25 Nov, 2020