PCB rejects impression Naseem Shah withdrawn from Pak U19 squad
LAHORE - Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has rejected the impression being reported in a section of the media that fast-bowler Naseem Shah had been withdrawn from the Pakistan U19 squad for this month’s ICC U19 Cricket World Cup due to concerns over his actual age.
The PCB, as part of its standard operating procedures, had rechecked and verified ages of all potential members of the Pakistan U19 side in November before selecting the squad on December 6,2019 subsequent to which Naseem was named in the side after he met the ICC age eligibility criteria for the tournament, which was set at September 1,2000, said a spokesman of the PCB here on Tuesday evening.
“The PCB, as stated in its announcement on 31 December, had clarified that Naseem had been withdrawn from the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup on the request of the Pakistan men’s senior team management purely on cricketing reasons,” he said.
The spokesman said in this background, the PCB is disappointed that an attempt has been made to tarnish the credibility and reputation of an emerging fast-bowler with a bright future ahead.
- LHC orders high-level probe into petrol crisis12:07 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PIA barred from flying to US over security concerns10:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan gears up efforts to tackle Covid-19 misinformation on social ...08:40 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- UK Visa Application Centres in Pakistan re-opening form July 2708:13 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PTCL launches customer support services in Sindhi language07:20 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020