SBP restarts SMS service for issuance of fresh currency notes
An announcement here on Monday pointed out that after receiving an overwhelming response during the 2015 Eid, the SBP through its subsidiary SBP Banking Services Corporation (BSC), has re-launched the SMS service for issuance of fresh currency notes to the general public.
It said that the fresh notes would be available from nominated commercial bank branches called `e-branches' and the sixteen offices of SBP BSC.
The issuance of new notes through the Mobile SMS service will continue from 2nd of Ramadan till 28th Ramadan.
How to use SMS facility for this offer?
The service will be provided through 500 e-branches in 116 cities during Ramadan, 2016. The required stock of fresh banknotes has already been placed with the designated e-branches. The charges for this services are Rs. 2/- plus tax, per SMS.
Under the service, a person will send an SMS message to 8877 with his/her 13 digit CNIC/Smart Card number along with the desired e-branch ID [e.g. 3830305939875(space)KHI005]. Branch IDs of nominated branches are available on sbp.org.pk, pakistanbanks.org and commercial banks' websites.
In return, the person will receive an SMS containing his/her redemption code, e-branch address and redemption code validity date. The redemption code will be valid for two working days. Customer should then approach the concerned e-branch along with his/her original CNIC/Smart Card, its photocopy and the redemption code received from 8877 to obtain fresh notes.
It may be noted that the quota of fresh notes to be issued to each person comprises of two packets of Rs. 10 and one packet of Rs. 20. He/she may also avail one packet each of Rs. 50 and Rs. 100 as per availability of stock with the concerned e-branch. Under the SMS service, each CNIC/Smart card number and mobile phone number can only be used once. No transaction code will be issued to the sender in case he/she sends the same CNIC/Smart card number from different mobile numbers or sends different CNIC/Smart card numbers from same mobile number during the service.
This will, however, result in additional cost to the sender. In order to facilitate the general public for their queries/complaints, SBP-BSC has established a help desk at 111-008-877 that can be accessed through NWD code of 042 for Punjab; 021 for Sindh and Balochistan and 051 for Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Azad Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan. Help desk facility will only be available during office hours, it was further stated.
- Top military leadership vows to thwart entire spectrum of threats in ...09:01 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Quddus Bizenjo to be elected Balochistan CM unopposed as PTI’s Rind ...08:28 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Guard Group qualify for main final07:59 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- PU discontinues Master’s degree programme07:34 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran summons National Security Committee meeting amid protests07:17 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Katrina Kaif denies rumoured wedding to Vicky Kaushal05:45 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Imran Ashraf and Sadia Khan's latest BTS video goes viral05:00 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Momina Mustehsan leaves everyone awestruck with her melodious voice05:20 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021