Judge hearing Sharifs' graft cases will be given extension, SC assured
A three-member bench, headed by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar, also summoned the law secretary to explain what the ministry concerned is doing about the extension, which has been requested by Islamabad High Court (IHC) Chief Justice Anwar Kasi.
Later, the law secretary appeared before the court and informed that the judge will be given extension before the end of his tenure. Judge Mohammad Bashir's tenure was to end on March 12.
He said that the Ministry of Law has approved the summary, which now has been sent to Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi for approval.
Muhammad Bashir was hearing the National Accountability Court (NAB) corruption references against former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, his children - Maryam, Hasan and Hussain Nawaz - and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar regarding Al-Azizia Steel Mills, Avenfield properties, Flagship Investment and other offshore companies.
The judge was also hearing a corruption reference against former finance minister Ishaq Dar regarding assets beyond means.
Judge Bashir was appointed to the court in 2012. In 2015, the federal government, on recommendations of the IHC, extended his tenure for three years.
- Encouraging Players to Continue With Risk-Taking Can Be Difficult in ...01:47 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet #WaleedMalik, #Pakistani #doctor who sets new record with 29 ...01:40 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Morrisville Samp Army march into the play-offs conquering Deccan ...12:44 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- US Central Command chief discusses security cooperation with COAS ...12:21 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Pakistan's most streamed Spotify artist of the year08:36 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani TikTok sensation Ayesha's new videos shock her fans09:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- 'Hum Tum Season 2' in the works? Here is what Ahad Raza Mir says11:16 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022