Dadu: PPP's Saleh Shah beats PTI candidate in PS-86 by-polls
DADU - Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) on Thursday emerged as victorious against the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) in PS-68 by-election on the vacant seat of Sindh Assembly.
According to unofficial results, PPP candidate Pir Saleh Shah Jilani secured 42,252 votes while Imdad Hussain Leghari, the PTI's candidate, managed to bag 25,555 votes.
Strict security measures were taken at polling stations to avoid any untoward situation.
Besides main contestants, three independent candidates Sardar Shuja Ahmed Panhwar, Syed Zaffar Ali Shah and Syed Mohammad Shah participated in the by-election.
The seat fell vacant due to the death of PPP's MPA Syed Ghulam Shah Jilani, the Radio Pakistan reports on Thursday.
The provincial government had announced a local holiday in Dadu district today.
- Re-polling in NA-259: initial results show Shahzain Bugti leading07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- UN calls for action to tackle global road safety crisis03:28 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- CCW convention makes progress on key issues of deadly autonomous ...03:24 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Queen Maxima of Netherlands to arrive in Pakistan on Nov 2501:12 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019