Dadu: PPP's Saleh Shah beats PTI candidate in PS-86 by-polls
DADU - Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) on Thursday emerged as victorious against the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) in PS-68 by-election on the vacant seat of Sindh Assembly.
According to unofficial results, PPP candidate Pir Saleh Shah Jilani secured 42,252 votes while Imdad Hussain Leghari, the PTI's candidate, managed to bag 25,555 votes.
Strict security measures were taken at polling stations to avoid any untoward situation.
Besides main contestants, three independent candidates Sardar Shuja Ahmed Panhwar, Syed Zaffar Ali Shah and Syed Mohammad Shah participated in the by-election.
The seat fell vacant due to the death of PPP's MPA Syed Ghulam Shah Jilani, the Radio Pakistan reports on Thursday.
The provincial government had announced a local holiday in Dadu district today.
- 90,000 Pakistanis get overseas jobs in first 40 days of 202006:01 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- UN Secretary General arrives Islamabad on four-day visit05:22 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- Pakistani volunteers to join anti-virus fight in Shanghai, China05:18 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- Young Pakistani talent to watch out at HBL PSL 202005:10 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan's Kasur comes under locust swarms attack after 50 years01:11 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- Shahid Afridi and wife welcome 5th baby girl01:41 PM | 15 Feb, 2020
- 10 restaurants in Lahore for a romantic date on V-day12:08 PM | 13 Feb, 2020
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas are reportedly expecting their first ...10:26 AM | 13 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019