Dadu: PPP's Saleh Shah beats PTI candidate in PS-86 by-polls
DADU - Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) on Thursday emerged as victorious against the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) in PS-68 by-election on the vacant seat of Sindh Assembly.
According to unofficial results, PPP candidate Pir Saleh Shah Jilani secured 42,252 votes while Imdad Hussain Leghari, the PTI's candidate, managed to bag 25,555 votes.
Strict security measures were taken at polling stations to avoid any untoward situation.
Besides main contestants, three independent candidates Sardar Shuja Ahmed Panhwar, Syed Zaffar Ali Shah and Syed Mohammad Shah participated in the by-election.
The seat fell vacant due to the death of PPP's MPA Syed Ghulam Shah Jilani, the Radio Pakistan reports on Thursday.
The provincial government had announced a local holiday in Dadu district today.
- FIA arrested 60-year-old woman for deceiving men on Facebook using ...01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- EU to challenge China-US trade agreement at WTO12:02 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Kashmir issue is not an internal affair of India, says FM Quresh11:24 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan condemns Indian CDS remarks about Kashmiri children09:17 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ariana Grande being sued for copyright over hit single '7 Rings' by ...03:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019