Dadu: PPP's Saleh Shah beats PTI candidate in PS-86 by-polls
DADU - Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) on Thursday emerged as victorious against the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) in PS-68 by-election on the vacant seat of Sindh Assembly.
According to unofficial results, PPP candidate Pir Saleh Shah Jilani secured 42,252 votes while Imdad Hussain Leghari, the PTI's candidate, managed to bag 25,555 votes.
Strict security measures were taken at polling stations to avoid any untoward situation.
Besides main contestants, three independent candidates Sardar Shuja Ahmed Panhwar, Syed Zaffar Ali Shah and Syed Mohammad Shah participated in the by-election.
The seat fell vacant due to the death of PPP's MPA Syed Ghulam Shah Jilani, the Radio Pakistan reports on Thursday.
The provincial government had announced a local holiday in Dadu district today.
- Outgoing Chinese ambassador calls on Pakistan Army chief11:45 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- 56 Indian fishermen for trespassing Pakistani waters11:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- 'Success' for Pakistan as ICSID stays over $6b fine in Reko Diq case11:08 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- PCB terminates contract with PSL's int'l media rights holder10:46 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani Rupee strengthens against dollar10:22 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Khalilur Rehman Qamar in hot waters over his stance on feminism once ...04:39 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Malala Yousafzai, Beyoncé and others to feature in a film on global ...02:57 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Rana Khan is not interested in meeting Turkish actor Cavit ...02:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020