PM Nawaz inspects Lawari Tunnel project, announces university for Chitral
Addressing a public gathering in Chitral, the Prime Minister also announced a number of new projects, including the establishment of a university for the uplift of the youth of the region.
"I will personally supervise the construction of the university in Chistral," he said.
He said the construction of a 250-bed hospital in Chitral will also start in the coming days, which will enable locals to get best health facilities in their own city.
Prime Minister further announced a new 125KV electricity transmission line from Golan Gol to Chitral city, while he also announced an additional Rs20 crore grant for the Chitral District Government to implement development project in the area.
On the occasion, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif strongly criticised the PTI-led KPK government for hurling hollow slogans. "Not a single youth of Chitral has been supported during the last three years," he said.
Talking about PTI chairman Imran Khan's statements against him, the Premier said: "I do no take notice of such baseless allegations, but the people of Pakistan do notice and yesterday the people of Karachi have given their answer by not attending his rally."
He assured the participants that the Lawari Tunnel project will be completed by June 2017.
"The project was started in 1955, but could not be completed by any government, now we have promised to complete it in a year, I am here to inspect the project," he went on to say.
During the visit, he also laid the foundation stone of extension and repair of Boni Bozand Kor Road that would be completed with an estimated cost of Rs 1.108 billion.
The 25 kilometers long Boni Road would be completed with the help of federal government annual developmental program. This would help provide better communication facilities besides easy access from different markets to Chitral City.
Earlier this day, upon arrival in Chitral, the Prime Minister was received by Advisor to the Prime Minister, Engr Amir Muqam and other elders of the areas besides Pakistan Muslim League (PMLN) leaders in a large number.
- LIVE: PM Imran Khan reaches Pakistan Parliament to seek Vote of ...11:50 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- NASA's new Mars rover hits dusty red road, 1st trip 21 feet11:44 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Two dacoits arrested after exchange of fire with Faisalabad Dolphins11:35 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- CTD guns down ‘MQM-London target killer’ after exchange of fire ...11:10 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-March-06- Updated ...10:30 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Adele and Simon Konecki finalise their divorce after two years09:13 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' – Indian actor accused of sexual assault04:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Feroze Khan wins Best Actor award for Ishqiya03:03 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021