20 killed, forty injured in head-on collision near Islamabad
Police said, the accident took place on Tarnol Fateh Jang road when a passenger van and high-roof head on collision. Resultantly, sixteen passengers were killed on the spot and many others were injured.
On receiving information, Rescue personnel arrived at the scene and shifted the injured to Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) and District Head Quarters Hospital Rawalpindi.
According to initial reports, the accident was a result of over-speeding.
Local police have also reached the spot and started investigation to ascertain the circumstances of the accident.
The death toll is expected to rise as the condition of several injured has been termed critical.
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Five Saudi cadets graduate from Pakistan Air Force Academy11:27 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021