20 killed, forty injured in head-on collision near Islamabad
Police said, the accident took place on Tarnol Fateh Jang road when a passenger van and high-roof head on collision. Resultantly, sixteen passengers were killed on the spot and many others were injured.
On receiving information, Rescue personnel arrived at the scene and shifted the injured to Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) and District Head Quarters Hospital Rawalpindi.
According to initial reports, the accident was a result of over-speeding.
Local police have also reached the spot and started investigation to ascertain the circumstances of the accident.
The death toll is expected to rise as the condition of several injured has been termed critical.
- Watch: PIA flight receives water cannon salute in Syria01:49 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan’s Babar Masih outclasses India’s Ishpreet Singh at ...01:44 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- A New SUV is Being Tested on the Roads of Pakistan01:35 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Australia’s tour of Pakistan after 23 years in doubt following NZ ...01:04 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Karachi man arrested for raping, abducting eight-year-old neighbour ...12:16 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021