US assures Pakistan for improving power sector
This he said during his meeting with Finance Minister Ishaq Dar in Islamabad.
He renewed support for the Diamer-Basha Dam project and highlighted commitment for investment in renewable energy projects. He said the US would also support small hydro and solar power projects in Pakistan.
The US Envoy expressed hope that important matters relating to bilateral economic cooperation between Pakistan and the US would be discussed during Nawaz Sharif's visit to the US by the end of this month.
Speaking on this occasion, Ishaq Dar said that one point five billion dollars are needed to Pakistan for ongoing Operation Zarb-e-Azb.
He appreciated 250 million dollars US assistance for Temporarily Displaced Persons. He said Pakistan greatly valued USAID’s assistance to Pakistan in various fields.
- Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan achieve another feat in T20I cricket04:10 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Mohammad Amir, Harbhajan Singh exchange barbs during heated Twitter ...03:36 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh win toss and opt to bat first against ...02:58 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan forms committee to probe Shoaib Akhtar-Dr Nauman’s ...02:05 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan gets emotional on SRK and Gauri Khan’s 30th wedding ...09:35 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Shaista Lodhi all set to become the new face of PTV's morning show04:59 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021