IBA embarrasses organizers by canceling international conference at the last minute, cites 'security concerns
"DigiConnect Conference" was scheduled for Saturday (today) in Karachi and supposed to take place at the IBA.
In a Facebook post, the organizer of the international conference informed the participants as saying: "It is with the deepest regret that we have to inform you that our digi connect influencer marketing conference which was to be held on Saturday, December 09, 2017 has been cancelled".
They said that the IBA administration informed them about the security reasons at 6:30pm on Friday just 12 hours before its start. They added that the preparations for the event had entered in final stages.
The notice was so late that "We had no option left but to individually inform our speakers, panelists and nearly 300 paid registered participants that we were canceling the event owing to circumstances beyond our control," the post added.
After announcing the cancellation, the organisers said: "We apologise for any inconvenience caused, however, everyone’s well-being and safety is our chief priority".
- Peshawar boy, accused of 'sextorting’ US girl, also hacked Snapchat ...01:46 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pink Ribbon set to augment Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct12:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Eight ‘terrorists’ planning attacks arrested in Punjab12:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- FM Qureshi apprises UN president, secretary general about human ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video takes internet by storm03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021