PML-N's Ayaz Sadiq returns as 20th NA speaker with 268 votes
Caretaker speaker Murtaza Javed Abbasi administered his oath after the election.
Chairing the session after being elected as speaker from the same National Assembly, he paid regards to all of his supporters who showed confidence his in personality. I am thankful to Allah for returning in the position once again, he said.
He went on to say that that his victory is actually a victory of democracy which further strengthen the parliamentary system.
He pledged to continue working maintaining his neutral position in the house.
Sardar Ayaz Sadiq and Shafqat Mahmood of PTI were in run for the seat. Mahmood got 31 votes.
Caretaker speaker Murtaza Javed Abbassi presided over the election, while secretary NA administered the balloting for the slot.
Three candidates initially submitted nomination papers for the slot, however independent candidate from FATA Ghazi Ghulab Jamal withdrewn his nomination papers in favor of Sardar Ayaz Sadiq.
PPP, MQM, JUI-F, Jamaat-e-Islami, as well as independent members from FATA had announced support for the PML-N candidate.
On the other hand PTI's Shafqat Mahmood enjoyed support of his party and Pakistan Awami Muslim League.
The seat went vacant when an election tribunal declared election of Sardar Ayaz Sadiq as null and void on August 22. He was reelected as MNA on October 11 in a by-poll.
- Tanzanian influencers Kili and Neema Paul recreate viral Pakistani ...01:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan showers Quick Style with 'gifts'01:16 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares pictures from latest bridal shoot12:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022