Traders observing strike across country against 0.6pc withholding tax
All APAT factions have announced to make the strike successful as markets in almost all major cities remained shut today.
The Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) said it supported the strike call.
In Karachi, Jodiya Bazar, which is the main market of wholesalers, medicine market, old city area, Bolton Market, Regal, Jama Cloth, and other busy commercial areas remained closed on the call of All Karachi Tajir Ittehad.
Reportedly, markets and other business points in Faisalabad, Multan, Lahore and Quetta are shut today.
In Peshawar, the traders remained divided over the closure as many traders’ bodies disowned the strike. Resultantly many commercial areas in the city remained open. However; Peshawar’s Sadar market was open.
The traders organizations have threatened to observe another strike on Oct 7, if their demand was not met. Their representatives also call for Federal Finance Minister Ishaq Dar’s resignation.
Earlier, the union had written a letter to the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif to intervene the matter and bridge gap between the government and traders.
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021