World's most expensive cake made for a wealthy Arab family costs almost £50 million
The cake was created by Debbie Wingham, 33, who has turned to baking after previously making the world's most expensive dress for £11.5million made from black and red diamonds.
She was commissioned to create the masterpiece by one of her clients living in the United Arab Emirates, who she works with under a non-disclosure agreement.
The cake was then presented to the client's daughter at her joint birthday and engagement party, the Mail Online reported.
The six-foot long creation, in the style of a catwalk, features garments, which resemble Ms Wingham's couture clothing.
Several of the small models on the cake are wearing gowns that are edible versions of pieces she has previously made for the client.
On the front row of the edible masterpiece, small figures can be seen alongside designer handbags, shoes and designer shades, with some carrying their smartphones and tablets.
Every piece of the cake, which took over 1,100 hours to make, was hand sculpted by Ms Wingham.
It has over 120kg of fondant icing and 60kg of modelling chocolate which is predominately used for sculpting along with 80 different airbrushed colours and effects.
The cake weighs a staggering 450kg - the equivalent weight of a male grizzly bear and the icing includes a 5.2 carat pink diamond, a 6.4 carat yellow diamond and a total of 15 individual five carat white diamonds.
This means that the 17 stones alone were worth a staggering £30million with another 4000 stones that were a carat or more including amethyst and emeralds also included.
The runway is encapsulated and adorned with 400 one carat and 73 three carat white diamonds and 75 three carat black diamonds.
The mother-of-three said: “I feel delighted that the cake was a great success the clients last night were over the moon and the guests.
“The cake was very time consuming with extremely tiny details but I tried to make it as true to a runway show as possible.
“I find cake artistry relaxing and therapeutic and I am extremely looking forward to my future in pastry.
“I really enjoy unusual projects n I plan to keep creating unusual cakes which are more like edible art installation.”
Her new cake has surpassed the most expensive price tag of the previous holder, Tim Smith, who saw a cake sell for £32.4 million in 2013.
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Petroleum prices to remain unchanged as PM Imran rejects OGRA's ...09:38 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartfelt note about ‘soulmate’06:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021