Will ensure no injustice to Balochistan, says CJP
There should be a self-governance system in Balochistan like that in other provinces, he said, questioning as to why natives were not appointed as chief secretary and inspector general of police in the province.
The top judge was addressing a ceremony organized by Balochistan High Court Bar (BHCB) here. Justice Asif Saeed Khosa and Justice Gulzar Ahmed of the Supreme Court, Balochistan High Court (BHC) Chief Justice Syeda Tahira Safdar, Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) president Amanullah Kanrani Advocate, senior lawyer Kamran Murtaza and a large number of lawyers attended the ceremony.
The chief justice said water shortage had become a serious problem for the province and urgent measures were needed for its preservation. The construction of dams was vital for the future generations, he added, lauding the people of Balochistan who were contributing in the national cause
by making donations.
He said whenever he visited the province, he received love and affection from its people. No one would be let to usurp their rights, he added.
The province, he said, was rich in natural resources, including minerals.
The chief justice said he would ensure filling of the vacant posts of BHC judges at the earliest. In that regard, the names of lawyers should be recommended a on fast-track basis, he added.
He said appointment of judges from Balochistan in the Islamabad High Court was also being ensured.
- Taliban vow stern action against fighters who removed Pakistan flag ...10:35 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- ‘Disappointed yet again,’ says Babar Azam after ECB calls of ...10:17 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Avenfield case – NAB to auction Nawaz Sharif’s properties in ...09:25 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Babar Masih wins Pakistan silver medal at IBSF 6-Red Snooker World Cup08:42 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Juhi Chawla shares a throwback clip from her first TV show03:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2021