CJP Saqib heaps praises on Punjab police for catching Zainab's 'killer'
A three-member bench, headed by the chief justice took up the suo moto case regarding the killing of a seven-year-old girl, Zainab’s murder after being raped in Kasur.
The chief justice also wrapped up the case after Inspector General of Punjab police Arif Nawaz Khan submitted challan in the case to the court.
Police arrest main accused in Zainab killing case ... 01:21 PM | 23 Jan, 2018
LAHORE - In a major breakthrough, police on Tuesday claimed to have arrested main accused in Zainab rape-killing case ...
Justice Saqib remarked, “We are thankful to IG Punjab for arresting the accused,” adding that the IG fulfilled his promise, which he had made in the chamber.
Expressing satisfaction over the report, he said that application can be filed in the Zainab case if anyone has complaint. According to orders of the Lahore High Court, the trial court will announce the verdict in 7 days after submission of the challan.
Zainab was kidnapped from near her aunt’s house on January 4 in Kasur. Her body was recovered from a garbage heap on January 9. The post-mortem of the minor revealed that she had been raped before being murdered.
According to Punjab Home Ministry, the trial of the accused, Imran Ali, will be conducted inside the jail. The suspect has been sent on judicial remand by the court.
- Swedish scientist wins Nobel Prize for medicine over DNA work10:15 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Vaneeza Ahmed criticises Ayeza Khan’s social media presence10:05 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Women’s T20 Asia Cup: Pakistan beat Bangladesh by 9 wickets09:18 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Saba Qamar sets temperature soaring with new clicks05:00 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Sana Fakhar's workout video takes the internet by storm08:20 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022