Israeli F-16 fighter jet shot down by Syrian air defense
DAMASCUS – The Syrian army’s air defense on Saturday shot down an Israeli F-16 fighter after confronting a new Israeli aggression against one of the military bases.
According to Syria’s state media, “Israeli enemy on Saturday dawn launched a new aggression against one of the military bases in the central area, and the army air defense confronted the aggression and hit more than one aircraft”.
However, the Israeli army claimed that the fighter jet faced anti-aircraft fire on a raid to destroy Iranian facilities, allegedly being used for carrying out drone attacks in its territory.
The Israel army says, the pilots forced to abandon an F-16 jet that crashed in the Jezreel valley in northern Israel. The pilots suffered injuries and shifted to hospital for medical treatment.
Israeli military spokesman Jonathan Conricus said on Twitter that Iran was “responsible for this severe violation of Israeli sovereignty”.
“IDF (Israel Defence Forces) has targeted the Iranian control systems in Syria that sent the [unmanned aircraft] into Israeli airspace. Massive Syrian anti-air fire, one F16 crashed in Israel, pilots safe,” Israeli military spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan Conricus said on Twitter on Saturday.
IDF has targeted the Iranian control systems in Syria that sent the #UAV into Israeli airspace. Massive Syrian Anti-Air fire, one F16 crashed in Israel, pilots safe. #Iran is responsible for this severe violation of Israeli sovereignty. Event ongoing, more to follow.— Lt. Col. Richard Hecht (@LtColRichard) February 10, 2018
According to a separate military statement, Israeli forces had "intercepted an Iranian UAV launched from Syria over Israeli airspace".
Breaking news: IDF intercepted an Iranian UAV launched from Syria over Israeli airspace, and is now engaging Iranian targets in Syria in response. More details to follow.— Lt. Col. Richard Hecht (@LtColRichard) February 10, 2018
The Israeli military refused Syria's claim of hitting more than one plane.
Israel’s chief military spokesman, Brigadier General Ronen Manelis, said Iran is directly held responsible for the incident.
“This is a serious Iranian attack on Israeli territory. Iran is dragging the region into an adventure in which it doesn’t know how it will end,” he said. “Whoever is responsible for this incident is the one who will pay the price.”
- CM Pervez Elahi inaugurates Punjab Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Programme12:47 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:53 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 03 October 202211:48 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- LHC orders to return Maryam Nawaz’s passport11:10 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- COAS General Bajwa likely to meet top official during his stay in US10:00 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022