Govt committed to resolve expats issues: Pervaiz Elahi
He is keenly trying to revolve Pakistan's bad situation, Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi expressed these views in a dinner reception in his honour at the Saudi capital Riyadh hosted by ex-MNA Chaudhry Nazir Ahmed Jutt on Saturday.
The reception was graced by newly appointed Ambassador of Pakistan to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Raja Ali Ejaz, Provincial Minister for Mines & Minerals Hafiz Ammar Yasir and highly attended by the Riyadh based Pakistani community.
Pervaiz Elahi said, "Saudi Arabia is our brotherly Islamic country that has always supported Pakistan in difficult times, and as far as Saudi Arabia is going to invest in Pakistan, more ties between the two will be strong. Overseas Pakistanis have always worked for the nation and serving the country in terms of monetary exchange. Pakistani engineers, doctors, and professionals working diligently in various sectors of Saudi Arabia and they made us proud of them", he said.
Ambassador Raja Ali Ejaz said embassy's doors are always open for expatriates. "We extend every possible assistance to our countrymen, I strongly believe that every overseas Pakistani is the Ambassador of the country. It is our duty to respect the laws of our host country that will bring a good name of our country", he said.
Talking about the Pak-Saudi relations, he said, "Prime Minister Imran Khan has given great importance to Pak-Saudi relations and that is why the Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman is visiting Pakistan this month. The upcoming visit of the Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman is of high importance, many mutual contracts between the two brotherly countries including good news regarding the reduction of visa fees for the Pakistanis are also expected", he maintained.
Former MNA Chaudhry Nazir Jutt welcomed the Ch Pervaiz Elahi and urged him to facilitate overseas Pakistanis and provide better opportunities to those Pakistani and international investors who likely to invest in Pakistan.
Earlier, the program began with the recitation of the holy Quran and a welcome note by Hafiz Abdul Waheed and a soulful naat presented by Abid Shamoon Chand. The proceedings of the event were ably handled by Waqar Naseem Wamiq.
A shield of honour was presented to the Speaker Punjab Assembly Ch. Pervez Elahi by Ex-president PTI Punjab wing Shabraiz Akhter, Director Darussalam Publishers Abdul Maalik Mujahid presented the gifts of his books to the speaker Ch Pervaiz Elahi, Minister Hafiz Ammar Yassir, and the Ambassador Raja Ejaz Ali. The program ended on prayers for the prosperity of the country by Dr Mahmood Bajwa.
- SC’s Justice Isa allowed to argue his case himself12:07 AM | 3 Mar, 2021
- China to gift additional 0.5 million doses of coronavirus vaccine to ...11:43 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- What a delivery! Woman orders iPhone 12 Pro Max but receives Apple ...11:32 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan aims at vaccinating 70 million people against COVID-19 in ...11:31 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- First round matches decided in Hush Puppies Junior National Tennis11:19 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- 'Darlings’ – Alia Bhatt collaborates with Shahrukh Khan for first ...07:06 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Mere Paas Tum Ho actor Rehmat Ajmal looks stunning on her Mayoun03:15 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Justin Bieber celebrates 27th birthday03:25 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021