Gen (r) Raheel Sharif leads IMCTC delegation on first visit to Pakistan
A special aircraft carrying the delegation, headed by its Commander General (r) Raheel Sharif, arrived at Islamabad’s Nur Khan air base. They will hold meetings with civil and military leaders during its two-day visit.
Sharif, who served as the former army chief of Pakistan, will also hold a special meeting with Prime Minister Imran Khan.
They are expected to discuss the visit of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, who will be arriving in the South Asian country on the invitation of the government’s invitation on February 17. The visit is expected to strengthen ties between the two countries.
Pakistan, Saudi Arabia to seal $10b refinery deal ... 09:10 PM | 12 Jan, 2019
GWADAR – A Saudi delegation headed by Saudi Minister for Energy, Industry, and Minerals Khalid Abdul Aziz Al Falih ...
Pakistan is likely to sign a number of investment deals, including the construction of a multi-billion-dollar oil refinery in the port city of Gwadar during the upcoming visit. The Saudi crown prince will follow-up on agreements signed between the two countries during Prime Minister Imran’s visit to the KSA last year.
The military officials are expected to meet Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjrani and Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi besides Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Zubair Mahmood Hayat.
The delegation will return to Saudi Arabia on Tuesday.
"Allied against Terrorism": 41-nation Islamic ... 10:24 PM | 18 Nov, 2017
RIYADH - The 41-nation Islamic Military Alliance against Terrorism (IMAT), in which Pakistan holds a key role, will to ...
The 41-nation alliance was announced in December 2015. Pakistan was part of the initial list of 34 countries that had agreed to become part of the coalition.
According to IMCTC, the former chief "presents the Military Domain, which aims to assist in the coordination, of resourcing and planning of military CT operations, facilitate the secure sharing of information, and encourage military CT capacity and capability building."
In December 2018, Gen (r) Raheel had dismissed the notion that the military coalition was aimed against any particular country, nation or sect without any mentions.
The #IMCTC works within 4 domains of action to #CounterTerrorism, including the ideology domain, which promotes an intellectual understanding of #Islam and #diversity as effective tools against the false beliefs of violent extremist ideologies. pic.twitter.com/JEZdzNEdp3— IMCTC (@imctc_en) February 8, 2019
Core areas that the IMCTC seeks to address have been identified as ideology, communications, counter terrorist financing and military.
- PTA to take an important decision on PUBG ban today12:49 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- India's Sourav Ganguly announces Asia Cup T20 cancellation11:39 AM | 9 Jul, 2020
- BJP Kashmir leader killed along with his father and brother in ...11:17 AM | 9 Jul, 2020
- US, Pakistan call for boosting cooperation in educational field10:57 AM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Abdul Sattar Edhi remembered on 4th death anniversary03:46 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Sajal Aly pens an emotional note to celebrate the third anniversary ...01:17 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Johnny Depp takes legal action against British tabloid over 'wife ...12:51 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020