Gen (r) Raheel Sharif leads IMCTC delegation on first visit to Pakistan
A special aircraft carrying the delegation, headed by its Commander General (r) Raheel Sharif, arrived at Islamabad’s Nur Khan air base. They will hold meetings with civil and military leaders during its two-day visit.
Sharif, who served as the former army chief of Pakistan, will also hold a special meeting with Prime Minister Imran Khan.
They are expected to discuss the visit of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, who will be arriving in the South Asian country on the invitation of the government’s invitation on February 17. The visit is expected to strengthen ties between the two countries.
Pakistan, Saudi Arabia to seal $10b refinery deal ... 09:10 PM | 12 Jan, 2019
GWADAR – A Saudi delegation headed by Saudi Minister for Energy, Industry, and Minerals Khalid Abdul Aziz Al Falih ...
Pakistan is likely to sign a number of investment deals, including the construction of a multi-billion-dollar oil refinery in the port city of Gwadar during the upcoming visit. The Saudi crown prince will follow-up on agreements signed between the two countries during Prime Minister Imran’s visit to the KSA last year.
The military officials are expected to meet Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjrani and Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi besides Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Zubair Mahmood Hayat.
The delegation will return to Saudi Arabia on Tuesday.
"Allied against Terrorism": 41-nation Islamic ... 10:24 PM | 18 Nov, 2017
RIYADH - The 41-nation Islamic Military Alliance against Terrorism (IMAT), in which Pakistan holds a key role, will to ...
The 41-nation alliance was announced in December 2015. Pakistan was part of the initial list of 34 countries that had agreed to become part of the coalition.
According to IMCTC, the former chief "presents the Military Domain, which aims to assist in the coordination, of resourcing and planning of military CT operations, facilitate the secure sharing of information, and encourage military CT capacity and capability building."
In December 2018, Gen (r) Raheel had dismissed the notion that the military coalition was aimed against any particular country, nation or sect without any mentions.
The #IMCTC works within 4 domains of action to #CounterTerrorism, including the ideology domain, which promotes an intellectual understanding of #Islam and #diversity as effective tools against the false beliefs of violent extremist ideologies. pic.twitter.com/JEZdzNEdp3— IMCTC (@imctc_en) February 8, 2019
Core areas that the IMCTC seeks to address have been identified as ideology, communications, counter terrorist financing and military.
- PM Imran to seek fresh vote of confidence from parliament11:40 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6 – Quetta Gladiators beat Multan Sultans by 22 runs11:05 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Here are complete unofficial results of Senate Election 202109:53 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6 – Peshawar Zalmi fined for slow over-rate in match against ...09:15 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PM Imran Khan’s vote for Senate polls was also rejected?09:04 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Nauheed Cyrusi recreates Piya Basanti as the famous track turns 2007:00 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Birthday girl Shraddha Kapoor shows her dance moves at beach party06:13 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee Pannu face raids over 'tax evasion'05:14 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021