Gen (r) Raheel Sharif leads IMCTC delegation on first visit to Pakistan
A special aircraft carrying the delegation, headed by its Commander General (r) Raheel Sharif, arrived at Islamabad’s Nur Khan air base. They will hold meetings with civil and military leaders during its two-day visit.
Sharif, who served as the former army chief of Pakistan, will also hold a special meeting with Prime Minister Imran Khan.
They are expected to discuss the visit of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, who will be arriving in the South Asian country on the invitation of the government’s invitation on February 17. The visit is expected to strengthen ties between the two countries.
Pakistan is likely to sign a number of investment deals, including the construction of a multi-billion-dollar oil refinery in the port city of Gwadar during the upcoming visit. The Saudi crown prince will follow-up on agreements signed between the two countries during Prime Minister Imran’s visit to the KSA last year.
The military officials are expected to meet Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjrani and Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi besides Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Zubair Mahmood Hayat.
The delegation will return to Saudi Arabia on Tuesday.
The 41-nation alliance was announced in December 2015. Pakistan was part of the initial list of 34 countries that had agreed to become part of the coalition.
According to IMCTC, the former chief "presents the Military Domain, which aims to assist in the coordination, of resourcing and planning of military CT operations, facilitate the secure sharing of information, and encourage military CT capacity and capability building."
In December 2018, Gen (r) Raheel had dismissed the notion that the military coalition was aimed against any particular country, nation or sect without any mentions.
The #IMCTC works within 4 domains of action to #CounterTerrorism, including the ideology domain, which promotes an intellectual understanding of #Islam and #diversity as effective tools against the false beliefs of violent extremist ideologies. pic.twitter.com/JEZdzNEdp3— IMCTC (@imctc_en) February 8, 2019
Core areas that the IMCTC seeks to address have been identified as ideology, communications, counter terrorist financing and military.
- Pakistan Army inducts powerful VT-4 tanks with ultra-modern technology08:01 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Sigh of relief as Pakistan govt reduces prices of 94 lifesaving drugs07:45 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- NAB summons Maulana Fazlur Rehman in corruption, assets’ inquiry07:10 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Federal govt allowed Nawaz Sharif to go abroad, remarks IHC06:45 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Punjab educational boards announce Intermediate exams’ results06:39 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020