Pak should raise issue of JI Bangladesh Amir hanging at int’l level: Siraj ul Haq
ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) - The Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) chief Senator Siraj-ul-Haq said that Pakistan should raise the issue of the hanging of JI Bangladesh’s Amir Mati-ur-Rehman at the international level.
He said this while talking to media here outside parliament house on Tuesday.
He said that those who sided with Pakistan in the past were being hanged in Bangladesh and a fake court tried these persons at the behest of India, which had orchestrated the separation of East Pakistan from Pakistan in 1971.
He went on to say that the Chief Justice of Bangladesh admitted that he upheld this decision of Mati-ur-Rehman's hanging because he was under severe pressure. All this is being done to please India, the JI chief alleged.
He said that Turkey and Qatar have contacted the Bangladesh government on the matter of Mati ur Rehman's hanging, adding that Pakistan should also take up the matter at international level so that hanging of Nizami is halted. The next two days are very vital in regard to his life, he remarked.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020