PM ready to appear before judicial commission if summoned: PML-N leaders
Addressing a news conference in Islamabad on Tuesday evening, Chairman Privatization Commission Muhammad Zubair said the prime minister was being targeted for political reasons.
He challenged the opposition to present any precedent in which a father was held responsible for the deeds of his children. He said Nawaz Sharif's name is not mentioned in Panama Papers and only his children are included in the leaks.
He said investigations into the matter should respect fundamental rights in addition to Pakistani and international law. The chairman said the judicial commission would not be allowed to reinvent laws.
He said that Imran Khan should also be held accountable for having never filed any tax returns in 20 years.
Speaking on the occasion, PML-N leader Daniyal Aziz said that Supreme Court judges are fully empowered to rephrase the ToRs and start investigations accordingly. He said that the PML-N does not have any objection to the commission starting its investigations with the prime minister and his family. However, he warned that the commission's decision should not be dictated by any quarters.
Daniyal Aziz said the opposition is trying to protect their own leaders, whose names have also been leaked in Panama Papers, and are only targeting the prime minister. He said the formation of ja udicial commission was the demand of the opposition and the Prime Minister had written a letter to the Chief Justice of the apex court.
He said names of Imran Khan's sister Aleema Khan, PTI leaders Aleem Khan, Jahangir Tareen, and PML-Q leader Moonas Ilahi had also been mentioned in the Panama Papers.
- Student kidnapped by ex-fiancé in Lahore found in Arifwala10:51 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Pakistani professor makes it to list of top 100 scientists in medicine10:11 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Shehbaz warns Imran against 'instigating civil war'09:01 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Is Aamir Liaquat getting ready for fourth marriage? Here’s all you ...07:49 PM | 22 May, 2022
- FAKE NEWS: Fact-check shows no Riphah University student raped, ...07:21 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Mira Sethi’s smoking photo goes viral02:35 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Saba Qamar’s new dance video in saree goes viral01:33 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Anmol Baloch’s new bold photo draws severe criticism11:25 AM | 22 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022