SC dismisses PTI's Usman Dar appeal against Khawaja Asif regarding NA-110 defeat
The election tribunal had earlier given a decision in favour of PML-N's Khawaja Asif however, Usman Dar challenged the decision in Supreme Court urging an inquiry into rigging allegations.
The apex court has now dismissed the petition of PTI's Sialkot stalwart Usman Dar who was otherwise expecting something different.
Khawaja Asif's counsel, Farooq H Naik while talking to media expressed that no allegations were proved in NADRA (National Database & Registration Authority) and Election Commission's report.
On the other hand, the elated Khawaja Asif said that the apex court has vindicated the decision of the people of his constituency. He went on to say that he had no words to thank Allah almighty for the decision.
I am humbled...Alhamdolillah.I have no words to thank Almighty.. Supreme court has endorsed the will of people of Sialkot ..— Khawaja M. Asif (@KhawajaMAsif) November 10, 2016
Jahangir Tareen, leader of PTI applauded the uphill struggle of Usman Dar, despite court's "unfavourable" decision.
U win some u lose some! What actually matters, is the EFFORT that you put in. Usman Dar, I'm proud of you. pic.twitter.com/ZaiwkWmmA5— Jahangir Khan Tareen (@JahangirKTareen) November 10, 2016
- Lower Dir’s civil judge suspended for allegedly raping woman10:09 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Two soldiers martyred during crossfire with terrorists in North ...08:26 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021