Vitamin-E protects against memory disorders
The latest research by the University of Eastern Finland Karolinska Institute of Sweden and some other medical research institutes showed that various forms of vitamin E plays a role in memory processes, according to a report by the Finnish daily Helsingin Sanomat Xinhua News.
The new finding came as previous studies investigating the link between vitamin E and memory disorders usually focused only on a single form of vitamin E namely alpha tocopherol.
According to Dr Miia Kivipelto director of the research from University of Eastern Finland vitamin E exists in eight different natural forms (fat soluble compounds) and the entire vitamin E family plays a role in protecting against memory disorders not only alpha tocopherol.
Kivipelto said vitamin E supplements available on the market usually contain only alpha tocopherol and the best sources of vitamin E are vegetable oils nuts green vegetables and whole grain cereals.
Read more: Stop eating too much salt to avoid obesity
A balanced diet is the best way to obtain all the eight vitamin E from food, said Kivipelto adding that more varied diet and a healthier lifestyle could efficiently prevent memory disorders among the elderly.
- Pakistan urges US to address Palestine crisis11:09 AM | 17 May, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-17-Updated 10:30 ...10:37 AM | 17 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 May 202110:19 AM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan reports 3,232 new Covid cases, 74 deaths in 24 hours09:35 AM | 17 May, 2021
- Bollywood's Hina Khan wears Pakistani designer on Eid-ul-Fitr02:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021