Sale of beef banned in Occupied Kashmir
The court outlawed the sale of beef on a petition filed by Advocate Parimoksh Seth. He contended that sale of cow meat hurts the religious sentiments of Hindu people in Muslim-majority valley.
He argued that slaughtering cow was punishable offence under Indian Panel Code and possessing beef of the slaughtered animals is also a crime.
The division bench of the IoK High court, comprising Justice Dhiraj Singh Thakur and Justice Janak Raj Kotwal imposed ban on the sale of beef after the Divisional Commissioner of Kashmir had not filed an appropriate response about the smuggling and slaughtering of cow.
The court directed the Director General of Police to ensure strict compliance of the order on beef.
- Pakistan marks Palestine Day as Israeli forces escalate fight with ...01:57 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM discusses Israeli attacks on Al-Aqsa, Gaza with ...11:22 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Pakistan FM to attend emergency OIC session on Palestine11:13 PM | 14 May, 2021
- COAS Bajwa vows to maintain hard-earned peace in areas along Western ...10:00 PM | 14 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Salman Khan's Radhe creates Bollywood history08:26 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Eid Mubarak – Katrina Kaif, Kangana Ranaut, Disha Patani & more ...04:30 PM | 14 May, 2021
- In Pictures: A look at how Pakistani stars are celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr11:12 AM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021