"No country on earth can isolate Pakistan", says Pakistani HC in India
In an interview to Hindustan Times, the HC affirmed that due to Pakistan's geo-strategic location, it was impossible to isolate Pakistan diplomatically.
“Rather than wasting time in isolating Pakistan, it is important to look at ways to integrate and connect with each other,” he said.
“I find this amusing. Pakistan is a country of 200 million people. We are blessed with such a remarkable geo-strategic location that no country on earth can isolate us,” he added.
Basit's statement came in the aftermath of Indian PM Modi rhetoric of isolating Pakistan after the claims of surgical strike.
“India has succeeded in isolating you (Pakistan) in the world. We will ramp it up and force you (to) live alone in the world,” the Indian premier had said while addressing a public meeting.
Basit maintained that Pakistan wants meaningful dialogue instead of indulging in negotiations "for the heck of it".
“We do not have any impasse as far as the framework for dialogue is concerned. The two countries agreed in December 2015, when Sushma Swaraj ‘sahiba’ travelled to Islamabad for the Heart of Asia conference, on the framework.” he said.
The official also gainsaid Indian claims of conducting surgical strike inside Pakistan adding that Pakistan would have responded befittingly in case of surgical strike. He opined that Pakistan needed no time for preparation.
- After Punjab, Sindh allows markets to remain open sans timings bar ...05:24 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022