Modi writes letter to Nawaz Sharif, expresses grief over Kulsoom's death
He also prayed for strength to the bereaved family to bear this irreparable loss.
The Indian premier conveyed his deepest condolences to the Sharif family.
"I pray to the Almighty to grant eternal peace to Begum Sahiba and strength to you and the bereaved family to bear this irreparable loss," the letter read further.
"I would always cherish memories of my interaction with her."
Indian Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj also conveyed her heartfelt condolences to the Sharif family in a Twitter post on Tuesday.
"I am sorry to know about the sad demise of Mrs Kulsoom Nawaz," she said. "My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family. May her soul rest in peace."
I am sorry to know about the sad demise of Mrs.Kulsoom Nawaz. My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family. May her soul rest in peace.— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) September 11, 2018
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020