Modi writes letter to Nawaz Sharif, expresses grief over Kulsoom's death
He also prayed for strength to the bereaved family to bear this irreparable loss.
The Indian premier conveyed his deepest condolences to the Sharif family.
"I pray to the Almighty to grant eternal peace to Begum Sahiba and strength to you and the bereaved family to bear this irreparable loss," the letter read further.
"I would always cherish memories of my interaction with her."
Indian Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj also conveyed her heartfelt condolences to the Sharif family in a Twitter post on Tuesday.
"I am sorry to know about the sad demise of Mrs Kulsoom Nawaz," she said. "My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family. May her soul rest in peace."
I am sorry to know about the sad demise of Mrs.Kulsoom Nawaz. My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family. May her soul rest in peace.— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) September 11, 2018
Kulsoom Nawaz dies battling cancer in London 03:39 PM | 11 Sep, 2018
LONDON - Kulsoom Nawaz, the wife of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, died at the age of 68 on Tuesday in London, ...
- PM Imran warns world to take notice of India's ultranationalist ...12:51 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- FATF holds meeting in Paris to decide Pakistan’s fate today12:21 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Armeena Khan ties the knot with Fesl Khan on Valentine's day02:12 PM | 15 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019