Modi writes letter to Nawaz Sharif, expresses grief over Kulsoom's death
He also prayed for strength to the bereaved family to bear this irreparable loss.
The Indian premier conveyed his deepest condolences to the Sharif family.
"I pray to the Almighty to grant eternal peace to Begum Sahiba and strength to you and the bereaved family to bear this irreparable loss," the letter read further.
"I would always cherish memories of my interaction with her."
Indian Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj also conveyed her heartfelt condolences to the Sharif family in a Twitter post on Tuesday.
"I am sorry to know about the sad demise of Mrs Kulsoom Nawaz," she said. "My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family. May her soul rest in peace."
I am sorry to know about the sad demise of Mrs.Kulsoom Nawaz. My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family. May her soul rest in peace.— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) September 11, 2018
Kulsoom Nawaz dies battling cancer in London 03:39 PM | 11 Sep, 2018
LONDON - Kulsoom Nawaz, the wife of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, died at the age of 68 on Tuesday in London, ...
- Pakistani rupee gains Rs2.54 against dollar in interbank market12:37 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- TV anchor Iqrarul Hassan jumps into dispute between Aamir Liaquat’s ...11:50 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pemra warns TV channels of action for airing ‘propaganda ...11:18 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Court grants two-day remand of Shahbaz Gill in sedition case10:15 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022