Incoming Senate chief Rabbani vows to safeguard Parliament
In his address to the Senate before taking oath as chairman, Rabbani congratulated all the newly-sworn in senators and said, "As chairman of the House, I will treat everybody the same way. I shall involve every member of the Senate in the legislation process to glorify this Parliament."
He thanked every political party for their unanimous nomination to put him to the top post.
Rabbani also requested the speaker of the National Assembly to join hands with the Senate in maintaining the dignity of the legislative insitiutuions.
Incoming Senate chairman, on the occasion, also resigned as additional secretary general of the Pakistan People’s Party.
Later on, Rabbani took the oath of office from Senator Ishaq Dar.
Also Rabbani will function as the caretaker president of Pakistan as President Mamnoon Hussain is on his four-day visit to Azerbaijan.
- King Salman appoints Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman as PM of Saudi ...11:21 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Nine-year-old gets bail so that he doesn't miss classes10:34 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- China reacts to US remarks about debt relief for flood-hit Pakistan09:33 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Malala 'so grateful' to husband for holding her hand and awards09:15 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Fashion designer Maria B receives flak for transphobic comments06:22 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022