Who is breaking stereotypes for female empowerment, this Careem captain or these girls?
The real star of our society, Karachi’s first female bike captain Varisha. She has been riding a bike since 2009 and due to her poor financial conditions she joined hands with Careem and is now the first female bike captain from Karachi. Her video was shared by Careem on International women’s day to appreciate her work and contribution.
She has got some bigger goals as she already is training and helping other girls to ride a bike. She is encouraging other females to step forward and be a part of the change. Women in our society are best seen at home wasting not only they’re lives but also skills and potential. Varisha is actually breaking the stereotypes and her story needs to be shared with everyone.
There are thousands of girls who are underprivileged and have no other choice than riding a bike every single day regardless of the melting heat in summers and freezing cold in winters. Riding bike for girls is not something new, probably for the girls who are just doing it for fun or just to have a little “adventure” but guess some girls have to do it everyday and they must be praying to God for a 4 wheeler as at least they will have something over their heads (Human nature).
Facebook users were happy to see such progress in our society.
Wishing her all the best!
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...07:40 AM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 24 November 202007:20 AM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Daesh Karachi commander killed in Bajaur operation: ISPR11:16 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- GBLA-II: PPP workers clash with police over 'rigged' election results10:52 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- France forgives Pakistani minister for ‘insulting’ tweet10:00 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020