Americans return empty handed after FIA bars 'killer' US diplomat from leaving Pakistan
A special plane, C-130, reached Noor Khan Airbase on Saturday to take along the accused diplomat, local media earlier reported, adding that the US embassy had handed over the passport of the official to Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) immigration.
The US representatives waited for four hours at the Pakistani airbase but the FIA officials did not allow Hall to leave the country as his name was put on the blacklist by the Ministry of Interior. Later, the C-130 returned to Afghanistan without the 'killer' diplomat.
Earlier, Raymond Davis- the CIA contractor who was arrested after murdering two Pakistani men in Lahore - was allowed to go back after settling the murder case using the Sharia law.
Raymond Davis makes shocking claims about his ... 12:07 PM | 30 Jun, 2017
WASHINGTON - Raymond Davis- the CIA contractor who was arrested after murdering two Pakistani men in Lahore revealed ...
On April 7, US Defence and Air Attaché Col Joseph Emanuel Hall ran a red light at Daman-i-Koh Chowk and hit a motorcycle. Consequently, two riders of the bike suffered injuries and one of them, 22-year-old Ateeq Baig, succumbed to his injuries.
Pakistani dies after US consulate vehicle hits ... 06:18 PM | 7 Apr, 2018
ISLAMABAD - A man dies of injuries sustained after his motorbike was hit by a vehicle of an American diplomat in the ...
Col Hall had escaped arrest because of diplomatic immunity but a first information report (FIR) regarding the incident was registered with Kohsar Police Station.
On April 24, the interior ministry had informed the court that in order to restrict the movement of Col Hall, his name had been placed on the blacklist of the directorate of immigration.
Motorcyclist's killing: Pakistan puts US diplomat ... 10:49 AM | 24 Apr, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The federal government on Tuesday informed the Islamabad High Court that the US diplomat who killed a boy ...
US Embassy Official Arrested
In a recent development over the case, one of Joseph’s security officials, Syed Taimoor was also arrested on the orders of AIG Islamabad Asmatullah Junejo.
The Kohsar police arrested Syed Taimoor Iqbal from the parking area of the district and sessions court Islamabad as he had allegedly threatened and assaulted the police officials besides assisting a US diplomat, escape from police custody after a fatal traffic accident.
According to the FIR lodged after the incident, Iqbal misbehaved with police after the accident and attacked Abdul Sattar, the Station House Officer who became a complainant and stated that US embassy official tried to resist police from shifting the car and its driver to the station.
The staffer was presented in Judicial Magistrate’s court last week and was ordered to sign a surety bond worth Rs. 50,000 to get bail.
- PM Imran reiterates to bring powerful under the ambit of law12:54 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Videos of alleged buying, selling of votes leak ahead of Lahore’s ...12:33 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Section 144 imposed around Karachi's Nasla Tower amid protests ...11:52 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- President Alvi, Tajik counterpart agree to further strengthen ...11:27 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Punjab students to get Rs3,000 monthly stipend under Waseela Taleem ...10:53 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021