14 dead, 13 injured in suicide blast outside vaccination centre in Quetta
The blast took place when anti-polio vaccination teams were preparing to leave for the third day of anti-polio drive in the city. Two police vehicles were also present near vaccination centre.
Rescue teams and law enforcement agencies rushed to the blast site immediately. The area has been completely cordoned off and at least thirteen injured were shifted to hospitals. Most of the injured were police personnel.
According to SP Saryab, fourteen dead bodies were also brought to Quetta's civil hospital. The dead could not be identified immediately however most of them were policemen deputed on the protection of teams. One passer by was also killed in the blast.
The officials fear that there could be more deaths in blast as five of the injured were said to be in serious condition.
Balochistan Home Minister Sarfraz Bugti told newsmen that nature of the blast could not be determined however investigation was underway. He feared that blast was suicide attack.
Later IG Balochistan confirmed that it was a suicide blast.
It is also pertinent to be mentioned here that three-day anti-polio vaccination drive was started from Monday in Balochistan, FATA, KPK and Gilgit Baltistan. Over 5 million children were expected to be vaccinated in the campaign.
- Five children killed, three injured as roof collapses in Lodhran04:24 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021