Punjab CM pays tribute to Arfa Karim on 7th death anniversary
In a message issued on the 7th death anniversary of Arfa Karim, CM Buzdar said she was the youngest information technology expert. With her God-gifted abilities, she brought glory to Pakistan's name, he added.
The CM said that intelligent daughters like Arfa Karim are a ray of hope for the country.
Arfa Karim was a sign of passion and courage for the new generation and she would always live in our hearts, he added.
Arfa was born in a small village near Faisalabad on Feburary 2, 1995. At the age of nine, she became the Microsoft Certified Professional after passing its exam, making her the youngest to achieve that record, and her name roared across the entire IT world for being the youngest to pass MCP exam.
Microsoft Corporation invited the young genius to America for a visit the same year following her achievement and represented Pakistan on various international forums, making her family and close relatives proud of her sheer achievements in such a small age.
Arfa was studying at the Lahore Grammar School`s Paragon Campus for her A Levels.
She received the Fatima Jinnah Gold Medal in the field of science and technology in 2005, besides the Salaam Pakistan Youth Award.
In November 2006, Arfa attended the Tech-Ed Developers conference themed Get ahead of the game held in Barcelona on an invitation from Microsoft. She was the only Pakistani among over 5000 developers in that conference.
She had also received President’s Award for Pride of Performance.
On 2 August 2005, she became the youngest person to receive a first flight certificate from Dubai Flying Club. She was presented the Fatimah Jinnah Gold Medal in the field of Science and Technology by the then Prime Minister of Pakistan Shaukat Aziz on the occasion of 113th birth anniversary of Fatima Jinnah.
At the age of 16, Arfa passed away on January 14, 2012 in Lahore following an epileptic attack. After her death, a commemorative postage stamp was also issued to recognise her achievemens, by the approval of Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on January 20, 2012.
- I take a break whenever the noise in my head reaches its peak: Zaira ...11:27 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan summons senior Indian envoy over expulsion of 2 officials on ...11:21 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Students of grade 1-12 will be promoted without taking exams: Sindh ...10:52 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Shahroz Sabzwari, Sadaf Kanwal tie the knot amid COVID-1908:09 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020