Interim PM Nasir-ul-Mulk inaugurates Pak-China Optical Fiber Cable Connectivity project
PM Mulk said the project would go a long way towards further developing telecommunication infrastructure in northern areas of Pakistan as well as along China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
He said it will also bring about an ICT (information and communication technology) revolution along the CPEC route.
The prime minister said Pakistan greatly values its time-tested and all-weather friendship with China. He said practical implementation of CPEC projects within two years of conceptualization is the manifestation of the special relationship.
“CPEC is meant to change destiny of people of South Asia and would benefit the region comprising China, Central Asian Republics, SAARC countries and Middle-East,” he said.
Nasirul Mulk said Pakistan, due to its focal position in the planned corridor, can greatly benefit in terms of socio-economic and technological uplift.
He said ICT development has a key role in the socio-economic uplift of countries. He said the ICT infrastructure being built will play a pivotal role in meeting security requirements of CPEC projects.
- FM Qureshi discusses Islamophobia, Kashmir situation with OIC ...03:08 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Indian Navy's MiG-29K crashes into Arabian Sea, pilot missing12:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Three killed as fire rages at factory in Karachi’s Orangi12:17 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- No, Ataullah Esakhailvi is not dead!11:59 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Urwa Hocane's father responds to 'separation' with Farhan Saeed07:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020