NAB team reaches Abu Dhabi to arrest Sharifs: reports
LAHORE - A three-member team of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has reportedly reached United Arab Emirates (UAE) to take former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz into custody.
The anti-graft watchdog team would travel along the convicted father-daughter duo in the same flight and arrest them as the aircraft enters the Pakistani premises, Dunya News reported.
It is likely that the NAB will take them directly to Islamabad instead of Lahore in order to avoid any untoward situation.
Nawaz and Maryam Nawaz on Friday reached Abu Dhabi on their way back Pakistan to face the jail sentence awarded by an accountability court in the Avenfield reference.
Both leaders of the PML-N is expected to land at Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore at 6:15 pm today on a foreign airline, Etihad Airways, via Abu Dhabi.
Nawaz, Maryam land in Abu Dhabi en route to ... 09:07 AM | 13 Jul, 2018
LONDON - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz on Friday reached Abu Dhabi on their way back ...
Meanwhile, some officials in Pakistani embassy have quashed the rumours about arresting the convicts from Abu Dhabi airport, adding that there is no such law for it.
- Pakistan surpasses 54,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,133 confirmed ...11:05 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Muhammad Zubair — one of two plane crash survivors — discharged ...10:56 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Turkish President expresses condolence over Karachi plane crash09:48 PM | 24 May, 2020
- BJP leader expelled after he was filmed jumping off balcony of ...08:59 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Pakistan calls for imposition of economic, military sanctions on India07:41 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Alizeh Shah, Nida & Yasir Nawaz allegedly test positive for ...02:38 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020