Dubai's Al Futtaim picks Faisalabad for new Renault car plant
The facility will be set up at M-3 Industrial City in Faisalabad, which is Pakistan’s largest special economic zone, the company said in a statement.
“Al-Futtaim is fully committed to the Pakistani market and to this project,” said Colin Cordery, senior managing director of Al-Futtaim Automotive International.
“We, together with Groupe Renault, are delighted to have completed the land acquisition, which is an important milestone in the project."
The design and pre-engineering work of the project is well underway, and on-site activities will commence shortly.
Construction is set to start in the fourth quarter of 2018 and once completed, the assembly plant will have a total installed capacity of over 50,000 units per annum.
Al-Futtaim and Renault said they expect that the factory will commence production in 2020.
- CII disapproves of chemical castration of rapists11:10 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Two soldiers martyred while thwarting terrorists’ infiltration from ...10:15 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Khanum Pink Polo Cup 2021: Habib Metro Lions, Rijas ...09:50 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi thanks Iranian President Raisi for support on Kashmir issue09:25 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Two more matches decided on second day09:05 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:40 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021