Pakistan crush Scotland in 2nd T20I, wrap up series 2-0
The visiting side had earlier beaten Scotland by 48 runs in the series opener in Edinburgh on Tuesday.
Scotland were dismissed on 82 runs in the chase of 167 runs target. Fast bowler Usman Khan Shinwari took two wickets, Muhammad Nawaz and Shadab Khan took one wicket each.
Malik scored 49 off 22 balls, including one boundary and five sixes.
Scottish bowler Michael Leask took three wickets, Chris Sole took two and Mark Watt bagged one.
Earlier, Pakistan won the toss and opted to bat against Scotland in the second T20 in Edinburgh here on Wednesday.
Sarfraz's men beat the hosts by 48 runs in the series opener on Tuesday.
Batting first, Pakistan set a mammoth target of 205 runs with skipper Sarfraz Ahmed scoring quick 89 on just 49 balls. Shoaib Malik also made a useful contribution of 53 runs on just 27 deliveries.
Opener Ahmed Shehzad was caught in the deep for 14 off 12 balls, as Pakistan lost the first wicket at 33. Fakhar Zaman was sent to the pavilion for 21 off 15 balls, leaving the tourists at 46-2 after 5.2 overs.
Skipper Sarfraz Ahmed and all-rounder Shoaib Malik’s aggressive play helped their side score a total of 204 runs in 20 overs at the loss of four wickets.
Ahmed hit 89 not out, while Malik scored 53 off 27 deliveries.
Today's match is scheduled to begin at 8pm (PST) and 4pm on BST.
Pakistan are currently the number one side in the ICC T20I team rankings while Scotland are ranked 11.
Scotland beat world number one-ranked ODI team England by six runs in a thrilling match at Edinburgh on Sunday.
“We were not taking them lightly even before the England match,” said Pakistan’s captain Sarfraz Ahmed ahead of T20Is against Scotland.
During their ongoing tour of the United Kingdom, Pakistan won the one-off Test against Ireland and drew the Test series (1-1) against England.
What TV channel is it on?
PTV Sports will telecast the match live in Pakistan while Sony will broadcast the games in India and throughout the Asian sub-continent.
How to watch online?
Daily Pakistan will present live streaming on dailypakistan.com.pk
Squad for Scotland series
Pakistan: Sarfraz Ahmed (captain), Ahmed Shehzad, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Sohail, Shoaib Malik, Asif Ali, Hussain Talat, Faheem Ashraf, Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Rahat Ali, Usman Shinwari and Shaheen Afridi.
Scotland: Kyle Coetzer (captain), Richie Berrington, Dylan Budge, Matt Cross, Alasdair Evans, Craig Wallace, Michael Leask, Calum MacLeod, Hamza Tahir, George Munsey, Safyaan Sharif, Chris Sole, Mark Watt, Brad Wheal, Stuart Whittingham.
- T20 World Cup rolls into action today as Oman face Papua New Guinea ...10:53 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Four children among seven die in house fire in Muzaffargarh10:28 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan and IMF fail to strike deal once again under $6bn extended ...09:51 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:29 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily coronavirus death toll in three months09:11 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Zarnish Khan wants trolls to stop mocking Meera's English09:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Momal Sheikh leaves fans awestruck with latest pictures03:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam’s wife Sara Bharwana’s celebrates her birthday in style09:45 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021