Pakistan calls for independent state of Palestine
This was stated by Pakistan's permanent representative to the United Nations Dr Maleeha Lodhi, while taking part in a debate in General Assembly's Fourth Committee on a UN Special Committee report on Israeli atrocities and human rights violations in occupied Palestine.
She said a durable peace in the region can only be achieved through political means, and not by using live ammunition against unarmed civilians.
The Pakistani envoy also stressed the need for an immediate end to the Israeli blockade of Gaza, now in its eighth year.
Dr Maleeha Lodhi said a long-term solution requires the withdrawal of occupation forces from all Arab lands, including Lebanon and Syrian Golan Heights.
- Shehbaz Sharif, son Hamza released from Lahore jail on parole04:23 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Woman slaps Dolmen Mall’s security staff for blocking way (VIDEO)03:42 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- FM Qureshi discusses Islamophobia, Kashmir situation with OIC ...03:08 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Bakhtawar Bhutto and Mehmood Chaudhry to get engaged today11:06 AM | 27 Nov, 2020
- No, Ataullah Esakhailvi is not dead!11:59 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020