Dar calls for transparency in dealing with public finances
He was talking to a delegation of Overseas Pakistanis Commission Punjab led by Commissioner Afzaal Bhatti.
The delegation discussed with the Minister the issue of recently imposed tax on air tickets being charged from expatriate Pakistanis departing for abroad.
Chairing a meeting in Islamabad, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar has expressed the government's commitment to improve the economy through good governance and reforms in different sectors.
He stressed the need for transparency in dealing with public finances.
The Minister also sought input on the media news regarding rise in the prices of kitchen items and directed that the meeting of the National Price Monitoring Committee should be held regularly.
- Zong and Growtech connect for the most-advanced business solution and ...02:37 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Punjab University makes entry test mandatory for admission in BS ...02:15 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- US announces support for flood-hit Pakistan12:54 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Watch: Coke Studio hit 'Pasoori' gets African fusion in latest teaser10:10 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Maria B lauds Lahore school for removing trans activist Dr Mehrub ...09:56 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022