Former PM Nawaz Sharif, sons summoned on Sept 19 by Accountability Court
The summons have been issued on Wednesday on the basis of the reference against Nawaz Sharif and his family members regarding Flagship firm, filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
The accountability watchdog had filed three references against the Sharif family and one against Finance Minister Ishaq Dar in the court in light of the Supreme Court's directives in the Panama Papers verdict of July 28.
The accountability court had sent back the references citing flaws and sought revisions to proceed against the former ruling family.
On Wednesday, NAB resubmitted the reference in the accountability court after removing the objections raised.
After the submission of the flagship companies' reference, the registrar had forwarded the reference for hearing to the court of Judge Mohammad Bashir who issued notices to the members of Sharif family.
The references were filed in the backdrop of Supreme Court's July 28 decision in the Panama Papers case in which Nawaz Sharif was also disqualified for concealing his employment with Capital FZE, a firm owned by his younger son Hassan.
The bureau was given six weeks, from the date of the court's order, to file the reference in an accountability court while the court was granted six months to complete the proceedings.
NAB's Rawalpindi branch prepared references regarding the Azizia Steel Mills and the nearly dozen companies owned by the Sharif family.
The bureau's Lahore branch prepared a reference on the Sharif family's Avenfield apartments in London and another against Dar for owning assets beyond their known sources of income.
Nawaz Sharif along with his sons Hassan and Hussain are currently in London and they also avoided appearing before NAB despite being issued notices multiple times.
The top court is also hearing the review petitions filed by Nawaz Sharif and his sons.
- Japan pledges nearly $39 million in assistance for Pakistan’s flood ...11:18 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Bangladesh stun India to clinch ODI series10:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Afghan Taliban publicly execute man for the first time since ...10:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Fire guts scores of stalls in Islamabad’s Sunday market09:44 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- PM's son Suleman Shehbaz set to return home after four years in ...09:26 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Newlyweds Azlan Shah and Warisha Khan share their beautiful love story09:00 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- ‘The Legend of Maula Jatt’ becomes Google’s most searched movie ...06:38 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Hira Mani slays fashion goals with friends in latest video07:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022