AIOU holds magnificent show celebrating Independence Day
It was participated by the University’s officers, employees, their children and a large number of students. Besides speeches, national songs and a tableau were also presented, signifying the occasion. The tableau was offered by the renowned artist, Faqir Hussain and his team.
Vice Chancellor Prof. Dr Shahid Siddiqui announced on the occasion that the University will hold series of events during the year to celebrate the Nation 70th anniversary. These will be the part of literary, social and culture activities, being arranged by the University on regular basis.
At the outset national flag was hoisted in the main premises by Dean Sciences Prof. Dr Naghmana Rashid, besides signing the national anthem. Earlier, an organized Guard of Honour was also presented by the Security-workers paying salute to the national flag. The similar functions were also held at University’s 44 regional offices around the country.
The show at the main campus was arranged by the University’s Pakistan Studies Department. The VC in his message pledged that AIOU as a Mega University will continue to play its leading role in promoting quality education that could help realize the objectives of the Pakistan’s movement.
“We feel proud to be Pakistani. We are peaceful and loving nation, he said adding Pakistan is our recognition and identity that provided them respect and a free life and it must be our top priority to serve the country by all possible means.
He urged the students to concentrate on acquiring knowledge and promoting positive thinking in their daily life, as well as taking active part in the country’s social economic development.
Paying rich tribute to the leaders and workers of Pakistan movement, Dr. Shahid Siddiqui said the young generation needed to follow their footprints in a letter and spirit to realize the dream of independent homeland.
At the end prizes were distributed among the students for showing excellence performance in the show. Dean Social Science Dr. Samina Awan and Dr Badshah Sardar also spoke on the significance of the Day.
The University’s Registrar Dr Muhammad Naeem Qureshi was also present on the occasion.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020