Independence Day: Imran Khan shares rare picture of his ancestors with Quaid-e-Azam
ISLAMABAD - In his Independence Day message to the nation, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman and prime minister in-waiting Imran Khan said he is filled with the greatest optimism despite grave challenges.
Khan took to Twitter to express his felling on this auspicious moment and said: "On this Independence Day I am filled with the greatest optimism. Despite our grave economic crises, due to corruption & cronyism, I know if we are united in our resolve, we will rise to the challenge & Pak will become the great nation envisaged by our Quaid & Iqbal"
14 Aug 2018: On this Independence Day I am filled with the greatest optimism. Despite our grave economic crises, due to corruption & cronyism, I know if we are united in our resolve, we will rise to the challenge & Pak will become the great nation envisaged by our Quaid & Iqbal pic.twitter.com/T4EM7kToDE— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 13, 2018
The incoming premier of Pakistan also shared a historic picture of his ancestors sitting along with the founder of the country Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah and thinker of Pakistan Dr Allama Iqbal.
In another tweet, Khan shared the story of the picture: "In this historic picture of Quaid-i-Azam & Iqbal, at the Round Table Conference in London 1932, my khalu Dr Jehangir Khan and my mother’s chacha Zaman Khan ( Zaman Park named after him ) were also present.
The nation today is celebrating 72nd Independence Day with renewed resolve to work with the spirit of Pakistan Movement to make the country a truly Islamic welfare state.
The day dawned with thirty-one gun salute in the federal and twenty-one gun salute at the provincial capitals. Prayers will be offered for security and progress of Pakistan and wellbeing of the people.
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020