Independence Day: Imran Khan shares rare picture of his ancestors with Quaid-e-Azam
Khan took to Twitter to express his felling on this auspicious moment and said: "On this Independence Day I am filled with the greatest optimism. Despite our grave economic crises, due to corruption & cronyism, I know if we are united in our resolve, we will rise to the challenge & Pak will become the great nation envisaged by our Quaid & Iqbal"
14 Aug 2018: On this Independence Day I am filled with the greatest optimism. Despite our grave economic crises, due to corruption & cronyism, I know if we are united in our resolve, we will rise to the challenge & Pak will become the great nation envisaged by our Quaid & Iqbal pic.twitter.com/T4EM7kToDE— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 13, 2018
The incoming premier of Pakistan also shared a historic picture of his ancestors sitting along with the founder of the country Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah and thinker of Pakistan Dr Allama Iqbal.
In another tweet, Khan shared the story of the picture: "In this historic picture of Quaid-i-Azam & Iqbal, at the Round Table Conference in London 1932, my khalu Dr Jehangir Khan and my mother’s chacha Zaman Khan ( Zaman Park named after him ) were also present.
The nation today is celebrating 72nd Independence Day with renewed resolve to work with the spirit of Pakistan Movement to make the country a truly Islamic welfare state.
The day dawned with thirty-one gun salute in the federal and twenty-one gun salute at the provincial capitals. Prayers will be offered for security and progress of Pakistan and wellbeing of the people.
- Jhang Assistant Commissioner gunned down over enmity in Chiniot02:29 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan dispatches free medicines worth Rs25mn to Afghanistan12:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021