Overseas Pakistanis will exercise voting right via internet in by-polls: ECP
The electoral body on Monday released its Internet Voting Task Force (IVTF) report on the voting right of the Pakistanis who work in foreign countries.
According to the report, pilot projects would be launched to enable the overseas countrymen to exercise their right to vote, adding that the process would not affect results of the by-polls, a private news channel reported. The pilot projects would be run at some polling stations instead of in all constituency.
A final decision to adopt the i-voting system would be taken after conducting several tests, which are crucial to detect the loopholes in the system, it said.
By-elections on 11 general seats of the National Assembly, out of which nine have been vacated by those who who won more than 1 seats, will be held within the next two months.
- MDCAT mandatory for admission to medical colleges, rules Pakistan's ...09:04 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan set to join ADB’s first ever Energy Transition Mechanism08:35 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Two million Pakistanis to go abroad for jobs in next 2 years, hopes ...07:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Bloodbath at PSX as KSE-100 index plummets over 2,000 points07:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Tourism Dept committed to restoring museums, historical sites in ...06:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Minal Khan shares a dreamy throwback video from her Maldives vacation04:20 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Salman Khan's family not invited to Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's ...03:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Merub Ali spills the beans about her relationship with Asim Azhar03:15 PM | 2 Dec, 2021