Overseas Pakistanis will exercise voting right via internet in by-polls: ECP
ISLAMABAD - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has said that overseas Pakistanis would be able to take part in voting through the internet in the by-polls.
The electoral body on Monday released its Internet Voting Task Force (IVTF) report on the voting right of the Pakistanis who work in foreign countries.
According to the report, pilot projects would be launched to enable the overseas countrymen to exercise their right to vote, adding that the process would not affect results of the by-polls, a private news channel reported. The pilot projects would be run at some polling stations instead of in all constituency.
A final decision to adopt the i-voting system would be taken after conducting several tests, which are crucial to detect the loopholes in the system, it said.
By-elections on 11 general seats of the National Assembly, out of which nine have been vacated by those who who won more than 1 seats, will be held within the next two months.
- PM Imran says economy on right track, expresses good times ahead for ...01:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019