Pakistan formally calls on UNSC to hold urgent meeting on hostile situation in IOK
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi says he has written a letter to UN Security Council asking it to convene a special meeting to discuss the illegal steps of India to change the status quo in Kashmir.
He said Pakistan deems that Indian actions have jeopardized the regional as well as global peace. He said it is India 's wrong thinking that it can crush the right to self-determination of Kashmiris. Shah Mehmood Qureshi said if seven hundred thousand Indian troops deployed in Occupied Jammu and Kashmir for decades could not defeat the freedom struggle of Kashmiris, the reinforcement of one hundred and eighty thousand troops will also fail.
Shah Mehmood Qureshi said he also mentioned in the letter that India is planning a new massacre of Kashmiris in the held territory and if New Delhi thinks Pakistan and Kashmir people will bear it silently, it will be a grave mistake.
He expressed concern that India might stage another Pulwama like the incident in order to divert international attention from the situation of Occupied Kashmir.
He said whole Pakistan will express solidary with Kashmiris tomorrow. The nation will also observe the 15th of August as Black Day and the world will witness that protest will be held against Indian steps in every world capital.
Shah Mehmood Qureshi said Prime Minister Imran Khan will visit Muzaffarabad tomorrow where he will present his and his government's stance before the elected representatives of Azad Kashmir.
The Foreign Minister said Kashmiris must remember that Pakistan stands with them and is ready to go to any extent for them.
Meanwhile, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi says increasing incidents of Islamophobia can become a threat to peace and stability of the whole world.
In a statement, he said the attacks on mosque and places of worship are condemnable and source of concern.
Appreciating the Pakistani man who captured a gunman to avert human loss at Alnoor Islamic Centre in Norway, he said whole nation salutes the courage and valiance of this hero.
- Nine Pakistani companies participate in 22nd Intersec Dubai04:57 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- ADB president calls on PM Imran in Davos04:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019