LEAD to meet on Pakistan’s policies towards Climate Change
LAHORE (Staff Report) - Leadership for Environment and Development (LEAD) Pakistan is organising a policy dialogue at Avari Hotel on Friday.
According to a statement issued on Thursday, the moot will discuss how best the provincial policies and strategies can serve as vehicles for successful implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as well as the ambitions articulated under the Paris Climate Agreement.
The event - Towards 2047: Policy Dialogue on Punjab’s Climate and Growth Policies; Strategies - aims to sensitise key stakeholders, including policy-makers and opinion leaders, to deliberate on a set of salient questions that are critical for the growth, development and well-being of the fast growing but vulnerable population of Punjab.
Provincial Minister for Environment Zakia Shah Nawaz Khan will be the chief guest on the occasion. This will be followed by a keynote address by Punjab Finance Minister Dr Ayesha Ghaus Pasha and other experts including LEAD-Pak CEO Ali Tauqeer Sheikh and Climate & Development Knowledge Network (CDKN) Director Asia Dr Kaiser Bengali.
Presentations will explain how climate change threatens Punjab and what adaptation and mitigation options can help to address these issues effectively. Moreover, two round table discussions will be organised where leading climate experts will talk about climate vulnerability of Punjab and proposing solutions to deal with it.
The policy dialogue aims to give a deeper understanding for addressing the question: ‘What does climate compatible development mean for Punjab?'. A lively debate is expected from various invited participants who are actively involved in the planning and implementation of national and provincial development polices and plans.
The event will provide an opportunity to take into account the provincial context to ensure that provincial and district governments understand their roles and responsibilities towards attaining SDGs.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020