SBP allows 100% advance payment for imports
In a circular issued by the central bank, the advance payment facility of up to $10,000 against import invoice without the requirement of the letter of credit or bank guarantee from the supplier abroad has been permitted.
“In this regard, it has been decided that the above facility, allowed to authorized dealers to make advance payments, stands withdrawn with immediate effect. However, in case, authorized dealers deem that a request on the subject merits consideration, they may approach State Bank of Pakistan along with appropriate recommendations on a case to case basis,” reads the circular.
“All other instructions on the subject shall remain unchanged,” it added.
- Transporters threaten strike as petrol hits record high11:29 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Schools reopen in Punjab, KPK as govt eases Covid restrictions10:52 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran shares what kind of Pak-US relations he looks for (VIDEO)10:23 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- HBL and Indus Motor Company enter strategic alliance10:00 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqi and Gohar Rasheed lock horns on Laapata’s viral ...05:40 PM | 15 Sep, 2021
- Mani unveils the secret to happily married life with Hira05:15 PM | 15 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah looks stunning in new car video04:00 PM | 15 Sep, 2021