PM Nawaz cancels address to Pakistani-American investors fearing PTI protest
The prime minister was scheduled to address the ceremony on October 19, just before meeting US President Barack Obama and other top officials in White House.
According to highly reliable sources, the Pakistani embassy in US and PML-N America chapter have now decided to hold another ceremony on October 23 instead. Selected members of Pakistani community in United States have been sent invitation cards to attend the proposed ceremony, sources added.
Although the organizers have not clearly mentioned the possible reason behind cancellation of PM's address to Pakistani-American investors, the sources speculate that ceremony was overrode due to PTI's strong presence among expatriates.
Earlier during the premier's visit to United States to attend the 70th session of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), Federal Minister for Finance Ishaq Dar was surrounded by group of activists who chanted "GO Nawaz Go" slogans while he was offering Eid prayers in a local mosque in Chicago.
- Zalmay Khalilzad, US envoy who brokered Afghan exit, resigns two ...10:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:48 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan records lowest daily Covid cases in over a year09:18 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 October 202108:48 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- 12 Rabiul Awwal: Pakistanis celebrate Eid Milad-un-Nabi today08:13 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021