Here's why Deepika Padukone will not be changing her surname
Deepveer are setting husband and wife goals with every passing day. After their marriage, one question that has been bothering their fans and followers in that whether Deepika will add 'Singh' to her surname in the same way that Sonam Kapoor, Neha Dhupia, Kajol, Ashwariya and many from Bollywood have done post marriage.
Deepika in her first interview post marriage with Filmfare joked that, it might be Deepika Padukone - wife of Ranveer Singh Padukone. Recently, the Bollywood diva was asked the same question regarding changing her surname by leading Indian daily 'Hindustan Times'.
Deepika had replied, "It's not true. In fact after that interview I realised that it's a conversation that Ranveer and I have never even had. So we haven't been like 'oh so do you think you need to change your surname?' That (chat about it in an interview) was, of course, a joke of sorts. It has never crossed either of our minds."
Post marriage Interview of Deepika Padukone:
She further added, "When I was asked I was like 'oh, we haven't even thought about it.' Maybe, because it's not important. Also, I've worked extremely hard to create my identity and so has he. So my question is, 'why would he have to do that?' I think what people see of us is a very minuscule part of our entire being and existence. But at the core of it, we are very alike."
Deepika's answer pretty much makes sense and puts an end to all the speculations and anticipations on will she or will she not!
Generally, what's in a surname? In the end, all that matters is how much you love, respect and belong to your partner and DeepVeer exactly know how to nourish their happy married life, one day at a time.
What is your say on this? Comment below.
- Pakistan's Gharidah Farooqi is not going to Aurat March, but why?02:05 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- PASSEX – Pakistan, Oman navy ships hold joint naval exercise01:25 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- PDM's long march to reach Islamabad on March 3001:05 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021