Police arrest Christian man for alleged blasphemy in Gujrat
GUJRAT: Police have arrested a Christian man on charges of blasphemy from Kharian tehsil, Gujrant and registered a case against him.
The police on Friday shifted the suspect to another jail after getting information that religious groups were planning to storm the police station, Dawn News reported.
A complainant named Nadeem Ahmed, who runs an electric shop in Dinga town, informed the police that he had learned from his friend, Ishtiaq Ahmed Jalalit that a sweeper of a private hospital had used derogatory remarks about the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him).
"When I contacted the accused for verification, he uttered these words again," he said adding that he later moved the police station and lodged a complaint against him.
Therefore, the police have registered a case against the suspect under Section 295-C (Use of derogatory remarks, etc, in respect of the Holy Prophet) of the Pakistan Penal Code.
- Harry Style makes 1D's history in Grammy's nominations07:01 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mohsin Dawar 'no longer part of PDM rallies, meetings'06:55 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nearly 200 PIMS employees test positive for COVID-1906:43 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Body of Sharifs' mother reaches Pakistan on Saturday06:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat gets surprised by some secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Sania Mirza shares the name of Tennis star she looks up to04:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari to miss Bakhtawar’s engagement?03:55 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020