Zouheir, the hero security guard who stopped suicide bomber outside Stade de France
PARIS (Web Desk) - While the whole world is mourning deaths of more than a hundred people targeted in Paris attacks on "Friday the 13th", Wall Street Journal has reported that suicide bomber was stopped just outside Stade de France where around 80,000 people were watching France vs Germany friendly match, which could have result in thousands of casualties if not blocked.
According to the report, a security guard who was identified as Zouheir did not allow the suspect despite having an entry ticket to the stadium where French President, Prime Minister and members of cabinet were also present.
Zouheir has been quoted saying as "the suspected person later on detonated his suicide belt when he failed to get into the stadium where he could have caused a deadly stampede."
Just minutes after the first blast, anothe suicide bomber blew himself at another site outside the ground. This means none of the bombers was successful to enter the stadium, which was probably the main target of attack, he said.
Firstly I thought the attack was cracker but once I saw President Hollade being rushed from the stadium it was clear for me that I was not as simple, he added.
- Kashmir issue is not an internal affair of India, says FM Quresh11:24 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Two killed in Gujranwala van, rickshaw collision09:58 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ariana Grande being sued for copyright over hit single '7 Rings' by ...03:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019