AIOU takes new initiative of launching ten BS programs
The decision to this effect was taken by the Vice-Chancellor Professor Dr Zia-Ul-Qayyum on the recommendations of the University's Academic Council.
The ten programs are Library and Information Sciences, Gender and Women Studies, Islamic Studies, Arabic, Mass Communication, Urdu, English, Pakistan Studies, Accounting and Finance and Instructional Design and Technology.
According to Director Admissions, October 15 is the last date for receiving the applications for admissionáin these programs, which have been offered for the whole country. Eight programs have been introduced in line with the Open Distance Learning system, while the two programs-Accounting and Finance and Instructional Design and Technology are on basis of blended and E-Learning mode.
Recently, the first time in the history of AIOU, a comprehensive annual academic calendar has been put in place that facilitates the overall learning system, includingátimely holding of admissions, examination andábooks mailing process.
While carrying out the University semesters, Spring and Autumn, separate dates were fixed for arranging Matric/intermediate, Graduate and post-Graduates admissions and exams in order to facilitate the students and bringing transparency in the whole process. Gradually, a digitalized and Online system was being implemented to provide efficient services to theástudents at their door-step, in line with new modern-day requirements.
Meanwhile, the University 49 regional offices were being empowered, enabling them to provide the best possible academic facilities and learning environment to its around 1.4 million students.
As per the vision of the Vice-Chancellor, the University's academic ranking in term of the credibility of its degrees and certificates were being upgraded, through all possible means, particularly by learning from the experience and academic practices of international institutions.
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4009:33 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan announces increase in petrol prices09:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- COAS Bajwa presides over Formation Commanders’ Conference08:52 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021